The District 230 Foundation is seeking an enthusiastic and driven Executive Director to help us move the organization to the next level in supporting innovative learning at Sandburg, Stagg and Andrew High Schools. The Foundation Board of Directors is seeking an experienced, passionate leader to guide the organization into the future. This is a part-time position.
An Excellent Candidate Will Demonstrate:
- Successful experience working with not-for-profit organizations and boards
- Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally
- Ability to build and sustain community relationships and partnerships
- Personal and professional integrity
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Assist Foundation Directors in meeting the Foundation’s Strategic Goals
- Attend Board meetings
- Attend most committee meetings
- Promote Foundation work to the community
- Attend local meetings and events, i.e. Southwest Conference of Mayors, Chamber of Commerce, etc.
- Solicit sponsors for fundraising events
- Solicit volunteers for committee work
- Focus on alumni development
- Search for possible sources of grants
- Develop an annual fundraising plan approved by the Board encompassing current and new sources of funding including grants. Report monthly to the Board of Directors regarding progress on the plan.
- Oversight of management and utilitization of Bloomerang software to build relationships with stakeholders and support and expand fundraising activities. Keep up-to-date on best practices for utilizing Bloomerang.
Position will be open until filled. Interviews will begin on or after February 15, 2019
Send cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to:
District 230 Foundation
Ann Oliver, President
15100 S. 94th Avenue
Orland Park, IL 60462
or email to Foundation Secretary Carla Erdey at firstname.lastname@example.org